Dental Impression Taking Course
To provide dental nurses with the practical skills and underpinning knowledge needed to competently take impressions on a range of patients within the GDC scope of practice.
It is a half day hands on course for GDC registered dental professionals to enhance and advance in their clinical skills within a dental practice. There will be formative assessments at the end of the course. On successful completion CPD certificate will be issued on the day for achieving the course Aims and Objectives.
As part of this course student will be provided with a practical experience portfolio (PEP) to record supervised activity within the workplace on a range of patients with feedback from their GDC registered suitably qualified dental professional.
Students have up to 3 months to complete the practical experience portfolio. Following assessment of the PEP competency certification will be issued.
- Current GDC certificate
- Currently employed as dental nurse
- Agreed support from a suitably qualified registered dental professional
- Identify the relevant professional requirements
- Gain informed consent from patients prior to treatment
- Read and Record patient records accurately
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of cross infection , health and seafty and medical emergencies
- Communicate with and manage a range of patients
- Identify the qualities, pros and cons and manufacturer’s instructions of impression materials
- Select and prepare the correct impression tray
- Prepare the mouth for impression
- Correctly mix material and load impression tray
- Competently carry out impressions on a range of patients
- Inspect and identify faults on impressions
- Safely decontaminate and store impressions